The New Jersey Dance State Championships
Sun National Bank Center (formerly Sovereign Bank Arena)
Trenton, NJ (Directions)
Sunday, March 5, 2017
Start Time: immediately following the HS Cheer Divisions
- The Competition will be held at
Sun National Bank Center (formerly Sovereign Bank Arena), Trenton, NJ on Sunday, March 5, 2017. The competition will start approximately at 8:30 am.
- To allow us to prepare for warm-up and performance times, registrations will not be accepted after the postmarked date of January 27, 2017. No exceptions.
- Dance teams will compete on a Marley Floor.
- Due to liability issues the use of designated spotters for cheer teams is not an option.
- Alternate judging will be used for all divisions.
- The warm-up time will be 4 minutes for both the tumbling mat and performance mat.
- Performance times will be posted online after the mandatory coaches meetings.
- NJCDCA will be selling t-shirts on a pre order basis only. There will be a limited number of t-shirts available the day of the competition. This will eliminate the expense of leftover shirts and to make sure all cheerleaders can get their correct size. Please complete the form.
- Please be aware that there is no videotaping allowed in Sun National Bank Center whether by video camera, phone, etc.. A professional videographer will be providing same day instant DVD's for purchase as well as action shots.
- We encourage any and all coaches to submit the names of qualified judges to Pat DePalma for consideration to judge our State Championship.
All Member teams are $175 for each team
All Non-Member teams are $225 for each team
Make checks payable to NJCCA
Deadlines & Late Fees:
The complete application which includes
Must be postmarked on or before January 17, 2017.
Any application postmarked after January 17, 2017 will be charged a late fee of $100 per team.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER JANUARY 27, 2017. NO EXCEPTIONS.
NO CERTIFIED MAIL. IF OVERNIGHTING, PLEASE WAIVE THE SIGNATURE.
WHEN SENDING PO'S, PLEASE SEND A SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE.
All fees are non refundable. No fees or forms will be collected the day of the competition. All coaches are responsible for completing all forms. No phone calls will be made to inform you of missing items.
Each team must mail with their application a certificate of insurance naming BOTH the NJCDCA and Sun National Bank Center as the additional insured. If you fail to do so, you will not be able to participate. NO CERTIFICATES WILL BE ACCEPTED the day of competition and verbal authorization is not acceptable.
Liability Release Forms:
All participants must submit the enclosed liability release form before they are permitted to compete. It is the responsibility of the coach to copy one for each participant and submit them along with the entry packet.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL LIABILITY FORMS. THEY SHOULD BE MAILED OR BROUGHT TO ONE OFTHE MANDATORY COACHES MEETINGS.
- Dance- 3 minute maximum performed entirely to music
- A 5-point penalty will be assessed for any overtime- ( a 3 second cushion is given to allow for human error)
Rules & Penalties:
- Coaches will not be permitted to speak to the safety judges before their performance time
- All safety questions must be sent to the Safety Committee by February 20.
- 36 member maximum per team except for all-girl varsity divisions
- Dance Teams will be using the following rules. Click on the link to read the Dance Rules and Guidelines.
- NJCDCAState Dance Championship Rules
- A 1 point deduction will be deducted for minor infractions (Apparel/ Accessories) and a 5 point penalty will be deducted for each infraction (all other sections) including stepping off the mat and exceeding the time limit.
- Team trophies awarded will be contingent upon the number of entries in each division.
- The entire varsity cheer/dance division will be ranked according to their respective state group according to the NJSIAA General Classification. Click the following link to find your school's group . Search | NJSIAA.
- Banners will be awarded to division and group champions in the varsity cheer/dance and all music divisions only.
- NEW THIS YEAR! The top ranked squads in the Varsity cheer/dance AND the Varsity all music division will compete for a State Group Title in the respective division/group.
- Click here for the GROUP CHAMPIONSHIP INFORMATION
Mandatory Coaches Meeting:
A mandatory coaches meeting will take place on Monday, February 6 at 6:30 PM at David Brearley High School, Kenilworth. (Directions) or Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 6:30 pm at Howell High School, Farmingdale at 405 Squankum-Yellowbrook Road Farmingdale, NJ 07727
At this meeting coaches will receive their packets of information including their warm-up and performance times.
DIVISIONS CANNOT BE CHANGED ONCE THE FIRST MEETING TAKES PLACE.
Each team must have at least one coach attend either of the meetings.
You only need to attend one meeting.
We suggest that you have a backup/ contingency plan because if any team does not have a coach or a representative for the team present (no students allowed) you will not be permitted to compete.
No Exceptions! If you have another coach/ representative pick up your packet you are still responsible for all information presented at this meeting.
We request that you hold your questions until the meeting so that everyone receives the same information.
If there is an emergency you can call or text Nikki Savino-Mulcahy
(908-578-3241). You may also e-mail: email@example.com
Scheduled Start Times:
- Doors will open at 1 1/2 hours before the scheduled start times for team and 1 hour ahead for the spectators.
- Middle School and HS JV Division will be in the morning followed by Varsity Cheer Divisions followed by the Recreation & Dance Divisions.
- Wristbands will be distributed to participants and coaches only.
- Only team members and coaches with wristbands will be free.
- Only 2 coaches and the maximum number of team members allowed in each division will be admitted free with wristbands.
- Admissions are $18 per person.
- $10 for students with School ID ONLY (No other forms of ID will be accepted)
- 5 and under free!
- Score sheets will be available immediately after the competition.
- Concessions will be available.
- No food or drink is to be brought into the SNBC.
- The NJCDCA or The SNBC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please hold all questions for the mandatory meeting. If there is an emergency you can call or text Nikki Savino-Mulcahy (908-578-3241). You may also e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
<Top of the page>
To enter, print your forms and
send them with your fees to:
NJCDCA State Championship
16 Wadsworth Terrace
Cranford, NJ 07016
Make checks payable to NJCCA
E-mail questions to:
Competition Check List
- Entry fees
- Registration forms- signed by your Administrator
- Music Copyright Form
- Official Team Roster- signed by your AD
- Insurance certificate
- Liability release form
(one for each participant)
- Floor selection form
PLEASE NOTE: NJCDCA from time to time produces promotional material relating to its programs. As a participant and/or a spectator at the Event, teams or individuals may be included in videotapes, photographs, DVD’s, and video casts taken during the Event to be used for promotional and commercial purposes.
Cheer & Dance State Championship T-shirt
Be sure to order your 2017 commemorative tee!
The online store is now live and ready for orders!
Order online or at the event!!
You will be able to customize souvenir shirts that will be available online and onsite the day of the competition. Fine Designs will have a large selection of apparel items like Tie-dyes, hoodies, dri-fits. Every item is able to be customized to each individual with slogans like "icheer", "idance" "#likeaboss" etc... you can add these slogans to your sleeves or anywhere on the shirt you would like! . There will be more styles as well as more slogans onsite at the competition.
Click below to visit the online store!
Don't miss out!
Click here for more information
Get Shot By Brian
Team & Action Photographs
We will have multiple viewing stations setup, where within minutes of the Team's routine ending, they can come over, chose their pictures and have them printed out on our professional quality, dye sub, printers, shortly after the order is placed.
For more information or to order after the event,
Varsity Media has over 50 videographers on staff with over ten years experience covering cheerleading, football, soccer, field hockey, volleyball, basketball, ice hockey, baseball, softball, lacrosse, tennis, wrestling, golf, and swimming.
All our equipment is state of the art, 1080p High Definition. We offer both videotape and editing services for all sports teams at all levels.
$35 PER VIDEO ORDER
Varsity Media is the new videographer for NJCDCA's State Championship. We use state of the art HD Video Cameras. No more standard definition DVDs.
We produce USB Flash Drives at the event with YOUR team's routine! Our USB Drives play on computers and Smart TVs!
Plus online access to every team from your session. Log on as many
times to view the routines!
Limit one email per order.
USB Drives can not be copied.
TEAM PACKAGE DISCOUNT!!!
10 USB Drives - $200
only $20 per drive!
includes online access for 10 emails
CALL: 516-338-8615 for pre-orders
OR: Visit our sales table at event
We accept cash or credit card
Visit Varsity Media today!