The New Jersey Cheerleading
This competition is open to all Recreation teams that are sponsored by recreation program and are affiliated with a full season sport.
Sun National Bank Center (formerly Sovereign Bank Arena)
Trenton, NJ (Directions)
Sunday, March 5, 2017
$200 PER TEAM
Make checks payable to NJCCA
Click here for Recreation Divisions
Deadlines & Late Fees:
The complete application which includes
Must be postmarked on or before February 1, 2017.
ALL ITEMS MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE YOUR WRISTBANDS WILL BE MAILED. PLEASE ALLOW ENOUGH TIME TO RECEIVE YOUR BANDS. NO ITEMS WILL BE COLLECTED ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
All fees are non refundable. No fees or forms will be collected the day of the competition. All coaches are responsible for completing all forms. No phone calls will be made to inform you of missing items.
Each team must mail with their application a certificate of insurance naming BOTH the NJCDCA and Sun National Bank Center as the additional insured. If you fail to do so, you will not be able to participate. NO CERTIFICATES WILL BE ACCEPTED the day of competition and verbal authorization is not acceptable.
Team Roster & Liability Release Forms:
- Please submit an NJCDCA Official Team Roster for each team competing along with your liability release forms. A roster for each team competing must be submitted with the liability release forms.
- All participants must submit the enclosed liability release form before they are permitted to compete. It is the responsibility of the coach to copy one for each participant and submit them along with the entry packet.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL LIABILITY FORMS. THEY SHOULD BE MAILED.
- Each team will perform a routine not to exceed 2 minutes 30 seconds (a 3 second cushion will be given to allow for human error)
Rules & Penalties:
- Recreation Teams will follow National Federation rules and regulations. A 1 point deduction will be deducted for minor infractions (NFHS Rule 2- General and Section 3 Apparel/Accessories) and a 5 point penalty will be deducted for each infraction( all other sections) including stepping off the mat and exceeding the time limit.
- A Spirit Rules book can be purchased at ww.nfhs.org
- Click here for Recreation Divisions
- All teams will perform on a standard size (42x54) SPRING FLOOR!
- A warm up area with tumbling strips will be available.
- Tumbling passes may start on and off the mat, but all tumbling must be completed on the mat.
- Timing will begin with the first note of music and end with the last.
- Crossovers are permitted for Recreation. These must be noted on your registration form and roster sheet.
- If at the entry deadline there is only one team in a division, the coach will be notified and given the option to either move up a division or pull out.
- Please be aware that there is no videotaping allowed in Sun National Bank Center whether by video camera, phone, etc.. A Professional Videographer will be providing same day instant DVD's for purchase as well as action shots.
- Team trophies awarded will be contingent upon the number of entries in each division.
- Medals will be awarded to the division winners.
- Banners will be awarded to division winners.
- SMALL/ LARGE COMBINING
We may combine “Small” and “Large” teams into one division when there are not at least 3 teams registered for each of these respective divisions.
Scheduled Start Times:
- Doors will open 1 ½ hours prior to star time for teams
- Competition will start at the conclusion of the HS session
- Wristbands will be distributed to participants and coaches only.
- Only team members and coaches with wristbands will be free.
- Only 2 coaches and the maximum number of team members allowed in each division will be admitted free with wristbands.
- Admissions are $18 per person.
- $10 for students with School ID ONLY (No other forms of ID will be accepted)
- 5 and under free!
- Score sheets will be available immediately after the competition.
- Concessions as well as t-shirts will be available.
- No food or drink is to be brought into SNBC
- The NJCDCA or SNBC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Questions: Please call Kimberly McGowan (908-499-2245)
Completed entries should be mailed to:
134 Pine Needle Street
Howell, NJ 07731
<Top of the page>
To enter, print your forms and
send them with your fees to:
NJCDCA State Championship
134 Pine Needle Street
Howell, NJ 07731
Make checks payable to NJCCA
E-mail questions to:
Competition Check List
- Entry fees
- Registration forms
- Music Copyright Form
- Insurance certificate
- Liability release form
(one for each participant)
- Official Roster (per team)
PLEASE NOTE: NJCDCA from time to time produces promotional material relating to its programs. As a participant and/or a spectator at the Event, teams or individuals may be included in videotapes, photographs, DVD’s, and video casts taken during the Event to be used for promotional and commercial purposes.
Cheer & Dance State Championship T-shirt
Be sure to order your 2017 commemorative tee!
The online store is now live and ready for orders!
Order online or at the event!!
You will be able to customize souvenir shirts that will be available online and onsite the day of the competition. Fine Designs will have a large selection of apparel items like Tie-dyes, hoodies, dri-fits. Every item is able to be customized to each individual with slogans like "icheer", "idance" "#likeaboss" etc... you can add these slogans to your sleeves or anywhere on the shirt you would like! . There will be more styles as well as more slogans onsite at the competition.
Click below to visit the online store!
Don't miss out!
Click here for more information
Get Shot By Brian
Team & Action Photographs
We will have multiple viewing stations setup, where within minutes of the Team's routine ending, they can come over, chose their pictures and have them printed out on our professional quality, dye sub, printers, shortly after the order is placed.
For more information or to order after the event,
Varsity Media has over 50 videographers on staff with over ten years experience covering cheerleading, football, soccer, field hockey, volleyball, basketball, ice hockey, baseball, softball, lacrosse, tennis, wrestling, golf, and swimming.
All our equipment is state of the art, 1080p High Definition. We offer both videotape and editing services for all sports teams at all levels.
$35 PER VIDEO ORDER
Varsity Media is the new videographer for NJCDCA's State Championship. We use state of the art HD Video Cameras. No more standard definition DVDs.
We produce USB Flash Drives at the event with YOUR team's routine! Our USB Drives play on computers and Smart TVs!
Plus online access to every team from your session. Log on as many
times to view the routines!
Limit one email per order.
USB Drives can not be copied.
TEAM PACKAGE DISCOUNT!!!
10 USB Drives - $200
only $20 per drive!
includes online access for 10 emails
CALL: 516-338-8615 for pre-orders
OR: Visit our sales table at event
We accept cash or credit card
Visit Varsity Media today!